Your message has been sent. We will contact you shortly if your message requires a response.
Female Cosmetic Genital Surgery: Including Labiaplasty in Phoenix
Also called Female Genital Plastic Surgery or Vaginal rejuvenation is the transformation of the female external genitaia to an esthetically pleasing look with comfotable functionality. This can be part of a "Mommy Makeover" or performed separately. Other names you may hear: 'Designer Vagina' or 'Lip-Nip' etc.
This type of surgery includes:
Sometimes there is excess tissue obscuring and hiding the clitoris which may effect sexual functionality and occasionally this is associated with excess labial tisue, both of which can be corrected with simple surgery under local anesthesia and sedation.
- Labia minora reduction: (Labiaplasty)
When there is excess labia minora tissue (the thinner 'lips' closer to the opening), this may result in discomfort during sexual activity or bulging in a bikini, or just may be an 'untidy' appearance or all of the above. Again this is easily corrected under local anesthesia and sedation. Many of these procedures have been done by Dr. Sacks at Arizona Cosmetic Surgery Phoenix Arizona.
This area is the outer 'lips' outside and edging the vagina area. This area may have some wrinkled skin from age or weight loss and may be loose and 'tired' looking. This can be corrected by fat grafting and/or reduction of excess skin. If this area is too 'puffy' or prominent, resulting in unwanted bulging in clothing, then the area can be reduced by liposuction.
This is the area above the vagina and may be too "puffy" resulting in bulges in clothing or may be too flat resulting in too little padding over the pubic bone, causing uncomfortable intercourse. This area can be corrected by Liposuction or fat grafting depending on the need.
Sometimes after excess weight loss, the whole external appearance of this area is drooping, and this can also be corrected by surgery combined sometimes with an abdominoplasty or performed alone. This is a lifting operation of the area.
- Vaginal looseness or laxity:
When the vagina becomes very stretched as may occur with multiple childbirths, the looseness or laxity may result in 'gaping' or excess visual opening of the entrace to the vagina or a lack of adequate tightness of the inside portion of the vagina. This may cause a lack of sensation in the vagina during intercourse resulting in unsatisfactory sex. Severe problems with urinary leaking or 'incontinence' or looseness in the rectal area called 'prolapse" may require surgery by other surgical experts like Urologists or Gynecologists.
Candidates for Female Cosmetic Rejuvenation/labiaplasty in Phoenix
- Women who simply do not like the appearance of the genital area - there is no "Normal" appearance- it is simply a personal preference.
- Women who experience discomfort during sex due to excess tissue
- Women who experience discomfort during horse riding or bicycle riding.
- Women who have any issues with the outward appearance of the thin inner lips -the labia minora
- Women who want to change the appearance of the outer mounds on either side of the vagina- either to reduce these or enhance them
- Women who want to change the appearance of the Mons Pubis, the usually padded area above the top of the vaginal opening where the pubic hair grows.
Complications of Labiaplasty
- Swelling - this a normal condition after surgery and will resolve with time. Applying cold to the area, such as ice over a face cloth will help with discomfort and swelling
- Bruising - this will resolve with time and is also helped by applying cold to the area.
- Pain - this is usually only moderate and will be helped by the pain medication prescribed by Dr. Sacks at Arizona Cosmetic Surgery Phoenix Arizona
- Infection - This is unusual and is prevented by carefully following the post operative instructions given to you by Dr. Sacks and by taking the prescribed antibiotics which are to be started the day before the surgery and for about a week after the surgery.
- Sensitivity - this will resolve with time
- Breakdown of the repair - this usually occurs from doing too much too soon, such as sexual activity or exercise. Please follow the post operative instructions! If breakdown occurs this may mean return to surgery for surgical revision resulting possibly in more time off work and delay in returning to normal activity.
- Bleeding - there will probably be some bleeding for a day or two after surgery and then this will slow and stop.
- Results may vary.
Prices/cost of Labiaplasty or Cosmetic vaginal rejuvenation in Phoenix
As there are possibly multiple procedures requested, we cannot give you an exact price and we even have 'SPECIALS" form time to time which effect the price. An example of the price of one procedure - labiaplasty would be about $3500, but call for current price to 602 277-1111.
Watch for Specials!!!!!!!