Large breasts can cause physical pain, as well as emotional and social anxiety. Women who take advantage of the breast reduction procedure in Phoenix, AZ find that they are able to lead a healthier, more comfortable life, in addition to enjoying a beautiful, more proportionate appearance.
What Is a Breast Reduction?
A breast reduction (or reduction mammoplasty) is an enhancement procedure that reshapes the breasts in order to make them smaller, lighter, and firmer. Reduction is accomplished by removing excess fat, glandular tissue, and skin.
Reasons for Considering a Breast Reduction:
- Back, neck or shoulder pain caused by heavy breasts.
- Sagging breasts produced by their large size.
- Disproportionate body frame attributed to oversized breasts.
- Restriction of physical activity due to the size and weight of the breasts.
- Painful bra strap marks and/or rashes as a result of large breasts.
What Happens When I Get a Breast Reduction?
Techniques for breast reduction vary, however, the most common procedure at Arizona Cosmetic Surgery involves an incision that circles the areola and then from the areola:
- The incision goes down and follows the natural curve under the breast.
- Dr. Sacks then removes excess glandular tissue, fat, and skin.
- Next, the nipple and areola are re-positioned to a higher position and held in place by stitches.
- Very occasionally, liposuction alone can be used to reduce breast size.
The best procedure will be determined during the initial consultation visit.
Of all plastic surgery procedures, breast reduction results in the quickest body-image changes. Patients are also pleased with the elimination of physical pain caused by large breasts, as well as a better proportioned body, an enhanced appearance, and better fitting clothes.
Results may vary.
To determine whether a breast reduction is right for you, call Dr. Sacks in Phoenix, AZ today and schedule a consultation!