Female Cosmetic Genital Surgery:
Also called Female Genital Plastic Surgery or Vaginal rejuvenation is the transformation of the female external genitaia to an esthetically pleasing look with comfotable functionality. This can be part of a "Mommy Makeover" or performed separately.
This type of surgery includes:
Sometimes there is excess tissue obscuring and hiding the clitoris which may effect sexual functionality and occasionally this is associated with excess labial tisue, both of which can be corrected with simple surgery under local anesthesia and sedation.
- Labia minora reduction -labiaplasty
When there is excess labia minora tissue (the thinner 'lips' closer to the opening), this may result in discomfort during sexual activity or bulging in a bikini, or just may be an 'untidy' appearance or all of the above. Again this is easily corrected under local anesthesia and sedation.
This area is the outer 'lips' outside and edging the vagina area. This area may have some wrinkled skin from age or weight loss and may be loose and 'tired' looking. This can be corrected by fat grafting and/or reduction of excess skin.
This is the area above the vagina and may be too "puffy" resulting in bulges in clothing or may be too flat resulting in too little padding over the pubic bone, causing uncomfortable intercourse. This area can be corrected by Liposuction or fat grafting depending on the need.
Sometimes after excess weight loss, the whole external appearance of this area is drooping, and this can also be corrected by surgery combined sometimes with an abdominoplasty or performed alone.
- Vaginal looseness or laxity:
When the vagina becomes very stretched as may occur with multiple childbirths, the looseness or laxity may result in 'gaping' or excess visual opening of the entrace to the vagina or a lack of adequate tightness of the inside portion of the vagina. This may cause a lack of sensation in the vagina during intercourse resulting in unsatisfactory sex. Severe problems with urinary leaking or 'incontinence' or looseness in the rectal area called 'prolapse" may be require surgery by other surgical experts like Urologists or Gynecologists.
- Swelling - This is temporary and the process is accelerated by application of cold to the area (not ice directly on the skin!)
- Bruising - This is also temporary and also helped by cold applications. Patients must also have stopped taking all blood thinning substances. Less bruising will occur and disappear sooner if patients take Arnica Montoya, an ancient herbal preparation for a few days before the surgery and for a few days after the surgery as well
- Discomfort -This will be helped by the pain medication prescribed by Dr. Sacks from Arizona Cosmetic Surgery serving patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Arizona and the USA.
- Scarring - This is usually minimal and is carefully placed in the least obvious position. After a while scars should be barely noticeable
- Wound opening - This is usually prevented by following the post operative instructions given to patients by Dr. Sacks
- Infection - This is unlikely as Dr. Sacks will prescribe antibiotics starting the day before surgery and for about a week after the surgery as well. Also follow directions about care and cleaning of the area given to by Dr. Sacks!
- Recovery - Patients would be more comfortable taking off a few days from work but this time will vary depending upon the procedure. Patients should refrain from strenuous activity including sex until advised by Dr. Sacks.
This will depend upon the exact procedure requested by the patient but for example Labiaplasty would be about $3000 for surgery, anesthesia, use of the operating room and Dr. Sacks' fees.
Watch for specials!!!!!!