Correction of Male Breast tissue (Gynecomastia).
Excess breast tissue in the Male patient, (called Gynecomastia), can easily be eliminated by Liposuction alone or in combination with Surgical Removal. Incisions are small and usually fairly unnoticeable. There may be a small scar at the border of the areola-the pigmented portion around the nipple. There may be swelling and bruising after the surgery which will subside with time. The procedure has a high success rate.
- Swelling is temporary and is helped by application of ice packs
- Bruising may occur but will dissapear within a few weeks
- Pain is usually moderate and responds to the pain medication prescribed by Dr. Sacks
- Infection is very rare as patients are started on antibiotics the day before the surgery and continued for about a week after the surgery
- Seroma/hematoma A fairly common occurence after Gynecomastia surgery is the accumulation of a protein rich fluid called serum in the surgical space. Sometimes bleeding happens in this space and will need to be removed by aspiraration with a needle as will serum. Both of these fluids may occur due to excessive activity
Price in Scottsdale
$5000-5750 depending on type of anesthesia and type of surgery required such as only Liposuction or Liposuction and surgical removal of tissue.