Breast Reduction Men (Gynecomastia)
Your message has been sent. We will contact you shortly if your message requires a response.
Breast Reduction in Men (Gynecomastia) Phoenix
Candidates for Male Breast Reduction Gynecomastia Surgery
- Genetic predisposition - Sometimes males just develop larger breasts on a familial basis
- Hormonal influences - Sometimes teenage males will develop breast tissue as a result of hormonal changes taking place at puberty. This may resolve spontaneously or may need surgical intervention.
- Taking steroids - Unfortunately, when body builders take Steroids-hormones which enhance muscle strength and bulk (size), an unwanted side effect can be the development of unwanted breast tissue.
Surgical Technique of Gynecomastia correction
- Through a small incision around part of the areola ( the pigmented skin around the nipple), the excess breast tissue can be removed. Liposuction can also be used to remove excess fat if present but most of the time this can only supplement the surgical excision of the firm breast tissue which does not respond to liposuction.
Complications of Gynecomastia surgery
- Swelling - This is temporary and will resolve after a few weeks
- Bruising - This is temporary and is helped by taking Arnica Montoya an ancient herbal remedy taken a few days before the surgery and for a few days after the surgery. Also any substances that would have thinned the blood would be stopped a few weeks before surgery.
- Discomfort - This will be helped by Pain Medication prescribed by Dr. Sacks
- Distortion - At first the skin surface may appear somewhat irregular and this will settle down with time
- Scars - These may appear fairly obvious at first but will vastly improve with time
- Infection - This is unusual as the patient will be on antibiotics prescribed by Dr. Sacks at Arizona Cosmetic Surgery Phoenix Arizona, starting the day before the surgery and continuing for about a week after the surgery
- Loss of tissue - Very rarely there may be some loss of tissue in the areola/nipple area requiring some corrective surgery but fortunately this is extremely rare.
Rest and taking things easy will help the recovery process and instructions will be given to the patient by Dr. Sacks. It is very important to follow instructions to prevent complications.
Results may vary.
Cost / Price
As every patient has a different situation, the price may vary but a normal range of prices would be from $4500 $5500
Watch for specials!!!!!!!