Brachioplasty Arm Lift Phoenix
Brachioplasty or Arm lift is the removal of excess skin and fat in the upper arm.
Dr. Sacks has written a chapter in a text-book on Body Contouring on this subject!
Candidates for Brachioplasty or Arm Lift
- Patients who have lost a great deal of weight after first gaining a large amount of weight and now have excess skin which 'flaps' like a flag when they move their upper arm
- Patients who for purely genetic reason have inherited excess skin and /or excess fat in the upper arm area
- Patients who just have excess fat in the upper arm may only require liposuction
In the minimally loose skin patients it is possible to keep the incision and thereby the eventual scar, confined to the armpit but these patients have no excess or minimal excess fat in the upper arm and very minimal loose skin.
Normally the incision runs along the entire inner arm and into the armpit or axilla as well.
Sometimes if the looseness is only in the part of the arm near the armpit, the incision/scar may be a little shorter
Excess skin is removed inside the surgical pattern and liposuction can be performed at the same time.
Complications of Brachioplasty / Armlift
- Swelling - This is only temporary and will resolve over a few days to a week.
- Bruising - This too is temporary and is helped by taking Arnica Montoya - an ancient herbal remedy, for a few days before the surgery and for a few days after the surgery as well. Also all blood thinning substances must be stopped a few weeks before the surgery.
- Infection - This is usually minimal and unlikely as Dr. Sacks at Arizona Cosmetic Surgery Phoenix, will have prescribed antibiotics for the patient starting the day before the surgery and continuing for about a week after the surgery.
- Discomfort - This is only modest and will be helped by Dr. Sacks prescribing pain medication for the patient
- Scars - Depending on the patient's individual healing ability, the appearance of the scar and how noticeable it is will vary, but will never be invisible.
- Tightness - This is temporary and will subside after a few weeks. If there is tightening in the scar, a small surgical adjustment, called a Z-plasty may be performed by Dr. Sacks.
- Wound dehiscence - This is an opening in the incision along the surgical suturing. Sometimes this can be re-sutured and sometimes must be left to heal up spontaneously
- Results may vary.
This usually takes about a week or so and will be helped by following the instructions given to each patient by Dr. Sacks at Arizona Cosmetic Surgery Phoenix
Cost / Price of Brachioplasty
This will vary as each patients needs are different but a range of prices would be from $4500-$7500
Watch for Specials!!!!!!