Ear Reconstruction Surgery at Arizona Cosmetic Surgery, P.C.
If you feel self-conscious about the shape and appearance of your ears, as a results of deformity or overstretching, it may be time to consider reconstructive ear surgery. At Arizona Cosmetic Surgery, P.C., Dr. A. Chasby Sacks and his professional team offer ear reconstruction surgery to meet your aesthetic needs and goals. Patients can find with our attention to detail and meticulous precision leads to superior results and a new and improved looking ear.
Ear Enhancement and Repair
Whether you’re looking to detract from the size of your ears, or your ears have been deformed as a result of earring or other accessories, ear reconstruction surgery can enhance your confidence while reshaping the ear. As all cosmetic procedures go, ear reconstruction is an individualized procedure that calls for the full evaluation of the ear and the patient prior to surgery.
Understanding your specific aesthetic goals and reasons behind reconstructive surgery are important components to creating your personalized surgical plan. Depending on your needs, we may recommend one of the following treatments:
- Treating Macrotia or oversized ears
- Adjust protruding ears on both sides
- Gauged earlobe reconstruction
- Keloid removal
- Torn earlobes reattachment
- Enhance small ears or patients without earlobes
- Repair of dissatisfied ear surgeries
Our Approach to Ear Reconstruction
Our goal for many patients is to repair the ears so that they appear natural, proportionate, and contoured. Dr. Sacks utilizes state-of-the-art techniques and provides a perfectionist’s touch when repairing and reconstructing your ear. Whether we’re removing and resizing an overly large ear, or suturing ripped or gauged ear lobes, we do our best to be as precise with each incision for a seamless result.
To keep patients comfortable throughout their procedure, we offer sedation methods that may call for a trusted individually to take you home. At our Arizona cosmetic surgery practice, we are committed to providing excellent results that you are happy with. Please view our before and after pictures of some of our clients who had received ear reconstruction surgery.
With our hands-on, professional approach, we are a caring and compassionate practice that wishes to ensure a comfortable pre- to post-surgery operation. We recommend post-surgery patients keep the treatment site as clean as possible to reduce potential infection and tear. As there may be mild pain at and around the site, it is important to handle the site with care and avoid excessive bandaging in order to avoid increased pain and swelling.
Ear Surgery Complications & Recovery
Generally, post-operative instructions call for plenty of rest and limited movement in order to speed up the healing process and reduce the recovery time. Patients sometimes report minor pain associated with surgery. Any pain can be treated effectively with oral medication. While complications are rare, patients can minimize potential problems by carefully following the post-operative directions.
Once surgery for protruding ears is completed, bandages will be wrapped around the head. This method secures the ear in place and assists with the healing process. The bandages are usually removed after a few days.
Complications with an otoplasty may include:
- Swelling – At first the distinct anatomy of the ear may be a little “blunted” by the swelling, but this swelling will disappear after a week.
- Bruising – If a full otoplasty has been performed, there may be slight bruising, which will get better every post-operative day.
- Pain –This is very slight and will be helped by oral medication prescribed by Dr. Sacks.
- Infection – Very unusual as patients will have been taking antibiotics from the day before the surgery until about a week after the surgery.
- Asymmetry – Sometimes the patient’s ears are very different from each other prior to the surgery and usually will look much more symmetrical after the surgery. Very rarely, little touch-ups may be needed, but because Dr. Sacks has been doing these surgeries in Phoenix, AZ for 30+ years, these needed revisions are few and far between.
- Scarring – The scars are placed behind the ears in the crease between the ear and the neck, and are hidden.
Prices of Ear Surgery in Phoenix
For ear set back: $4500 -$5500
For torn earlobe repair: $400 for one side, $750 for both sides
For Gauged earlobe repair: $750- $1250
Contact our Arizona Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon today!
Ear reconstruction and enhancement is possible with our experienced professionals at Arizona Cosmetic Surgery, P.C. If you have any questions or would like to inquire about our complimentary consultation, contact the cosmetic surgical practice of A. Chasby Sacks, M.D. today